What is Boundary Spanning?
Boundary spanning is the process of engaging with stakeholders outside an organization to identify opportunities, create visibility and build relationships. It involves connecting people, organizations and resources in order to achieve goals. It is an important concept in business, as it helps to create a bridge between the internal and external environments.
Benefits of Boundary Spanning
Boundary spanning can bring many benefits to an organization, including:
- Increased collaboration and networking opportunities
- Access to new markets, customers and resources
- Greater visibility among stakeholders
- Ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities
- Gaining insights into the external environment
Examples of Boundary Spanning
Boundary spanning can take on many forms. Here are some examples of how businesses can use boundary spanning to their advantage:
- Partnerships: Businesses can form partnerships with other organizations to create new products and services, expand into new markets and increase their customer base.
- Strategic alliances: Companies can collaborate with other companies to gain access to new resources, technologies and markets.
- Public relations: Companies can use public relations to build relationships with stakeholders, such as customers, investors and influencers.
- Networking events: Businesses can host networking events to build relationships with potential partners and customers.
Boundary spanning is an important concept for businesses to understand and use. It can help companies to create new opportunities, gain visibility and build relationships with stakeholders. By engaging in boundary spanning activities, businesses can increase their chances of success.