What is Exact Match?
Exact match is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique used to maximize the relevance of a website’s content to the terms a user might use when searching for the website. It is the practice of matching the exact keyword phrase used by a user in a search engine query with the content of a website.
How Does Exact Match Work?
The goal of exact match is to increase the chance of a search engine finding the website based on the user’s search query. For example, if a user types “red shoes” into a search engine, a website which contains content with the exact phrase “red shoes” will have a higher chance of being found in the search results.
Examples of Exact Match
Exact match can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Including the exact keyword phrase in web page titles, URLs and Meta tags
- Using the exact keyword phrase within the body of a web page
- Including variations of the exact keyword phrase in web page content
- Including the exact keyword phrase in page titles and headings
- Including the exact keyword phrase in anchor text
Exact match is an important SEO technique for improving the relevance of a website’s content for search engine queries, as it makes it easier for search engines to identify the content of a website and present it to the user. For further reading, please refer to the following sources: