What is Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)?
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is an organization that promotes responsible online advertising practices by its members. NAI works to ensure the privacy and security of consumer data and maintain the trust of consumers in online advertising. NAI members are among the largest providers of online advertising and are committed to providing consumers with a choice in how their data is used. The organization has developed a code of conduct and set of self-regulatory principles that guide NAI members in the collection, use and transfer of consumer data.
What Does NAI Do?
NAI helps to protect consumer privacy and the security of consumer data. The organization provides a set of principles and a code of conduct that its members must follow. This includes:
- Providing clear, comprehensive and prominent notice to consumers about the collection and use of their data, as well as the choices they have.
- Obtaining consumer consent before collecting and using sensitive information.
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of consumer data.
- Limiting the use of consumer data to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Ensuring the accuracy of consumer data.
In addition, NAI provides a tool called the AdChoices icon that allows consumers to opt out of receiving targeted ads from NAI members. The AdChoices icon appears on many online ads and links to a page where consumers can opt out of receiving targeted ads.
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is an organization that promotes responsible online advertising practices. Its members must adhere to a code of conduct that protects consumer privacy and the security of consumer data. NAI also provides the AdChoices icon, which allows consumers to opt out of receiving targeted ads. For more information on the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit the NAI website. For more information on the AdChoices icon, please visit the AdChoices website.