What is OTT?
OTT (over the top) is a term used to describe content and services that are delivered over the internet, bypassing traditional cable and satellite television providers. It is a delivery method that utilizes the existing internet infrastructure to provide content to consumers, eliminating the need for expensive equipment and long-term contracts.
Advantages of OTT
OTT services offer a number of advantages over traditional cable and satellite television. These include:
- No hardware or installation required – OTT services can be accessed on any internet-connected device.
- Greater control over content – OTT services allow users to choose exactly what content they want to watch and when.
- Lower cost – OTT services are typically cheaper than cable or satellite services.
- More flexibility – OTT services allow users to watch content on any device, from any location.
Examples of OTT Services
OTT services are becoming increasingly popular, with a variety of content providers offering their services. Some of the most popular OTT services include:
- Netflix – the world’s leading subscription-based streaming service.
- Hulu – a subscription-based streaming service with a large library of movies and TV shows.
- Amazon Prime Video – a subscription-based streaming service with a large selection of movies, TV shows, and original programming.
- YouTube TV – a subscription-based streaming service with live and on-demand access to dozens of TV channels.
OTT services are becoming increasingly popular and offer an alternative to traditional cable and satellite television. With more content providers offering their services and more devices capable of streaming content, OTT is a convenient and cost-effective way to watch your favorite shows and movies.