What are piece goods?
Piece goods, also known as fabric, are a type of textiles or cloth that are sold by the yard or meter. These fabrics come in a wide variety of colors, textures, and weights, and are used for clothing, upholstery, and crafts.
Types of Piece Goods
There are numerous types of piece goods, including:
- Cotton: Cotton is the most popular type of piece goods, and is used for everything from t-shirts to quilts.
- Linen: Linen is a lightweight fabric, often used in tablecloths and clothing.
- Silk: Silk is a luxurious fabric, often used in dresses, blouses, and scarves.
- Wool: Wool is a warm, durable fabric, typically used for sweaters and coats.
- Velvet: Velvet is a luxurious fabric, commonly used in upholstery and evening wear.
- Synthetics: Synthetics are man-made fabrics, such as polyester or nylon, which are often used in sportswear and outdoor gear.
Uses of Piece Goods
Piece goods are used in a variety of applications, including:
- Clothing: Piece goods are used to make clothing of all types, from shirts and jeans to evening gowns and suits.
- Upholstery: Piece goods are often used to cover furniture, such as sofas, chairs, and ottomans.
- Blankets: Piece goods are also used to make blankets, quilts, and bedding.
- Crafts: Piece goods are often used for crafts, such as quilting, sewing, and embroidery.
Piece goods are an essential part of any wardrobe, upholstery, and craft project. With the wide variety of fabrics available, there is something for everyone.
For more information, check out these links: